This is my 2007 Suzuki DR650SE. I have it set up for adventure touring. My plans are to use this bike for vacationing and having adventures. I have no intentions of modifying the engine for more power, it has plenty of power and can go as fast as any dualsport bike really needs to go. I put a lot of miles on this bike so I want it to be reliable so the only mod I plan on doing is to fix the neutral safety switch that is installed badly from the factory and can damage the engine if not corrected. I average about 55mpg on the street with the engine and suspension totally stock.
The list of mods I have done to the bike are as follows.
- Combined the factory seat pan and a riding mower seat to make a super comfortable new seat
- Covered the newly redone seat with an air cushion from JC Whitney.
- Built highway pegs
- Made a Simple Cruise control
- Added a Diamondstar headlight modulator
- Added Hyperlites flashing brake lights, set them to quit flashing after 5 seconds
- DirtBagz saddle bags
- Allen ATV cargo bag for a rear bag(mounts perfectly to the DirtBagz