Cheap and Easy DIY Wheel Alignment

After trying many ways of aligning a car and not being satisfied with any of them. I finally tried a variation of an alignment method that works very well and is easy to do.

Read more »

Finished painting my Astro

After a lot of work removing the stripes and sanding down the paint around the stripes to get it all smooth again the van is now painted.

Read more »

Starting to Paint My Astro Van

The interior and drivetrain of the van are all in good shape and don’t really need much work. But the outside has been looking terrible for years. So to make the whole thing much nicer to drive around in it needs to get new paint.

Read more »

Pictures and Video of the Completed Diesel Astro Van

Been drivng the van for a week with no problems or issues. Everything is running good and smooth. The weather is good enough today that I brought it out and got some pictures and a video of the final product of this swap. Plus I put my notes here for anyone thinking of doing this swap letting you know what I learned doing it.

Read more »

The 6.5L Diesel Astro is Now Complete.

Today was a pretty easy day of working on the van. Just finishing up and putting the last things together.

Read more »

Found a Radiator that Fits

More odds and ends done today and I started fitting the radiator into the front end.

Read more »

Exhaust Installed on the Diesel Astro

Managed to get a few odds and ends done today. But the big thing was the exhaust is totally welded up and done.

Read more »

The 6.5L Diesel Astro Runs!

Lot of little stuff got done today including putting the accessories on the front of the engine and connecting up tons of random things. But it was worth it because it actually runs now.

Read more »

Wiring finished up on the 6.5 engine

I got a few more things done today. Mostly just getting the electrical stuff together. I also had to make a battery tray for the second starter battery.

Read more »

Motor and subframe back in the Astro

Got a lot done on the Van today. I got the frame patched where it was rusted badly. The fuel tank has had the pump removed and cleaned out. And I joined the subframe back up to the body.

Read more »